Prunotto

First year of production: 1904
Property: Marchesi Antinori
Winemaker: Gianluca Torrengo
Agronomist: Domenico Franco
conduction: Conventional
Bottles produced: 950.000
Hectares: 63,00
Address: from the A21, exit Asti est towards Cuneo-Alba: the company is located about 3 km from the historic center of Alba.
 
 
The ownership of the winery today belongs to the Marchesi Antinori, but its birth is due to Alfredo Prunotto, who in 1922 took over the ownership of the cooperative cellar "ai vini delle Langhe" founded twenty years earlier. The new management and Alfredo's ideas gave the company great impetus year after year. Sold in 1954 to the winemaker friend Beppe Colla, who in turn, about forty years later, sold it to the current owner, the winery has never stopped growing, both qualitatively and quantitatively. Currently the hectares of vineyards are more than 60, scattered between the hills of Barolo, Barbaresco, Asti and Alba, from which almost a million bottles are produced a year. With these numbers, the Prunotto winery produces a vast and very valid range of wines.